Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22, 2007






This is my first. Not sure what I am doing so beware.

Yesterday, the 21st, was a great day. It was my first year since age 5 that I didn't go to school.

And today is special because it is my parents' 63rd wedding Anniversary. How special is that! My parents are the best!

Right now is the Western Idaho State Fair. For the first time ever my husband and I entered photos. We each were allowed to enter four, and when we each got a ribbon we were pleasantly surprised.
He got third place for his beautiful Cattle Egret. I got fourth place for my Lorikeet, and Honorable Mention for my macro spider.

7 comments:

Paulie said...

Congratulations! You are a full fledged blogger now!!!!!!! I am so proud of you -- your page has a wonderful beginning.

I will keep checking back on you.

Have you given any thoughts to joining us at PHOTO HUNTERS? I think you would enjoy it. It is not a contest but a sharing and encouragement project. Think about it -- Saturday's theme is "happy."

BTW, I love your photos you posted tonight. I keep forgetting to enter my photos at the fair because I don'tdrive and have to get there to enter it. The bus only runs out there the ten days of the fair.

jennyi said...

Paulie, I was going to do Photo Hunter but I am not sure what to do. Like, how to begin. Help?

Chris said...

Those photos are fantastic. Congratulations! I'm guessing that the Lorikeet the middle one? If so, you can almost count the feathers one by one.

jennyi said...

Thank you, Chris. Yes, the middle bird is the Lorikeet. They were so fun! We were in a covered area with a lot of them. They would land right on you. My husband had up to 5 on him at one time.

Jenny McB said...

The colors just pop on your bird! Great pictures, it's amazing that you got so close to take the pictures.

I hopped on over from Paulie's to check out your pictures.

Susan/SC said...

Well, I followed Paulie's blog to visit yours and recognized those pictures from when you posted them at T-Net:)! What a small world! Congratulations on starting a successful blog - your photos are great. Susan/SC

Paulie said...

Judy, I will email you how to do it. This Saturday's theme is "happy" so be looking for at least one photo that relates "happy" and be ready to post it with a brief explanation.

They will let everyone know you are one of the new people and encourage others to visit.

Look for my email. Sorry I did not see your request sooner since I have been working on moving more things from storage today.